Pollo a la Brasa
- Preparation: 20-25 minutes
- Cook Time: 1.5 hours
- Servings: 6
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- 4 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil.
- 2.5 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 lemon (prepare by squeezing the juice out of it and setting the juice aside)
- 1 quart of cold water
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, wine, oil, garlic powder cumin, paprika, black pepper, and salt. Mix all the ingredients very well together.
- Add the lemon juice that you set aside to cold the cold water.
- Trim any fat off the chicken that you are able to.
- Wash the chicken very well with the lemon water. Then place the chicken in a zip lock back.
- Pour all the ingredients in the bowl into the zip lock bag all over the chicken.
- Rub the mixture into the chicken with your hands being sure to cover every part.
- Seal the zip lock bad and place in the refrigerator for at a minimum of 2.5 hours. (Do not keep in refrigerator for more then a full day)
- Place the chicken on a rotisserie and preheat the grill.
- Cook the chicken on the grill for approximately 1.5 hours at roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure before removing the chicken that is cooked all the way through.
- This chicken can be served with a dipping sauce that can easily be prepared by mixing ½ cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of mustard and 2 tablespoons of lime juice.