Everyone loves empanadas and the Peruvian influence that is on this recipe will make this dish a favorite of whomever you serve it to.
- Servings- 8
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 1 onion (prepare the onion by chopping it)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cube of chicken stock
- 4 small ears of corn. (Prepare the corn by husking and then cooking it and then cutting off the cooked kernals)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 9 ounces of mozzarella cheese (prepare the cheese by grating it)
- 9 ounces of Gouda cheese (prepare the cheese by grating it)
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups of vegetable oil
- 8 sheets of puff pastry
- Salt and pepper (this will be used to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric.
- In a skillet over a medium heat you are going to want to melt the two tablespoons of butter. Once the butter is melted put the chopped onion in and brown it.
- Once the onion is browned put the chicken cube stock into the skillet along with the turmeric and then season all the ingredients with both salt and pepper.
- Add the corn kernels along with the flower and mix all the contents that are now in the skillet. Continue to cook while stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add both cheeses and continue to cook and stir for 5-6 more minutes. Once the contents in the skillet are smooth then you know it is done cooking. Remove the skillet from the heat and place it aside.
- Place the mixture in the skillet in the center of the pastry sheets. With the egg white you want to brush the sides of the pastry sheets. Then close the pastry sheets and carefully fold the edges and press on them with a small fork.
- In a sauce pan heat up the vegetable oil you have. Once the oil is heated start to fry the pastry sheets with the mixture in it. Fry each one for about five minutes. Then remove them and drain the excess oil off of them by placing them on a paper towel.
- Now EAT!