Yucas Fritas a la Huancaina
- Servings- 5-6
- Prep time- 45 minutes
- 1 or 2 large yuccas
- vegetable oil
Ingredients for Salsa Huancaina:
- 7 yellow chili peppers (prepare peppers by deseeding and deveining).
- 1 small onion (prepare the onion by chopping)
- 10.5 ounces of either ricotta or feta cheese
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 clove of garlic (prepare the garlic by mincing it)
Preparation for Yucca:
- Wash and peel the Yuca. Split each yucca into 2 or 3 pieces. Cook the pieces of yucca in boiling water. You want to cook the yucca until they are soft. Once they are soft drain the yucca and let it cool.
- Cut the yucca into pieces that are 1.5 to 5cm.
- Heat oil in a pan and once the oil is hot fry the yucca until it is browned. Season the yucca with salt and pepper.
Preparation for Salsa Huancaina:
- Place chopped Peruvian aji amarillo in a blender and blend it with the milk.
- On a skillet heat one tablespoon of oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place the chopped onions on the skillet and cook them until they are tender.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and mix the onions and garlic together.
- Place the onion and garlic into the blender along with the diced cheese. Continue to blend.
- Add oil slowly until the ingredients in the blender turn into a creamy sauce.