Papa a la Huancaína is dish of sliced potatoes covered in a spicy cheese sauce that is typically served cold, as a first course or luncheon dish. It’s delicious made with yellow or white potatoes. If you prefer a spicier sauce, add an extra yellow chile pepper (aji amarillo).
- 8 yellow or while potatoes
- Huancaína sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 large black olives, halved
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling and add the potatoes.
- Boil potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain water from potatoes and let cool.
- Slice potatoes and arrange on top of the lettuce leaves.
- Pour huancaína sauce over potatoes, and garnish with slices of hard-boiled egg and black olive halves.
Serves 4 to 6.