This is a delicious appetizer that has wonderful flavor. The tigers milk that is used in this recipe gives it its unique taste. It is commonly served with a small piece of corn along with a piece of sweet potato. The only problem with this dish is that there is never enough.
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 4 ounces of white sea bass (you can use any other white meat fish that you want. It is very common to use Tilapia)
- 4 ounces of a mix of cooked seafood. Common mixes include squid, muscles, conch, shrimp, clams and octopus)
- 4 ounces of celery (prepare the celery by chopping it)
- 4 ounces of garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons of evaporated milk.
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro. (Prepare the cilantro by chopping it finely)
- 1 cup of lime juice
- 2 onions (prepare the onions by cutting them into julienne style)
- 1 corn. (Prepare the corn by boiling it and then cutting it into three pieces)
- White pepper
- 1 sweet potato (prepare the sweet potato by boiling it and then cutting it into 3 or 4 slices depending on how many servings you are going to make)
- In a bowl mix the sea bass or whatever white fish you decided to use with the rest of the seafood you have.
- Once the seafood is mixed put it aside and in another bowl blen the pepper along with the garlic, the prepared celery and two tablespoons of water. Stir all of the contents until a smooth paste is formed.
- In a third bowl pour the limejuice and season it to taste with both salt and pepper. Then add the fish and the seafood to the bowl and the pepper paste and the evaporated milk. Mix all of the contents in the bowl very well.
- Use the cilantro and the onions to put on top of the leche de tigre and garnish the plates/appetizers with both sweet potato and corn.