This is a fantastic dish that can be served as a main course or a dish. It is a favorite all throughout Peru.
- Serves- 7-9
- Preparation Time- 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 cups of wheat. (prepare the wheat by soaking it and washing it)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 4 tablespoons of butter.
- 1 large white onion (prepare the onion by peeling it and chopping it up)
- 1.5 teaspoon of thyme (thyme should be dry)
- 2 cloves of garlic. (prepare the garlic by chopping it up finely)
- ½ cup of white wine
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese (cheese should be prepared by grating it)
- 3 cups of bouillon (bouillon should be either seafood or chicken)
- Salt and Pepper (to be used to taste)
- 1.5 cup of broad beans (prepare the beans by cooking them)
- 5 ounces of fresh cheese (prepare the cheese by dicing it)
- Parsley to be used for garnish (prepare the parsley by chopping it)
- In a pot heat up the olive oil. Once the olive oil is heated. Then add two tablespoons of the butter and put the chopped onions in and the garlic too. Proceed to simmer all the contents until the onions are golden.
- Add the chili mix to the pot.
- Add the wine to the pot, stir all the contents and bring to a boil for 2-4 minutes.
- Place both the wheat and the thyme in to the pot and mix all the contents well again.
- Add the bouillon and then cover everything with water.
- Bring the contents in the pot to a simmer and then add the cream and the cooked beans.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the last two tablespoons of butter.
- Add the cubed cheese that you cut.
- Stir all the contents and add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- Serve the dish hot on plates on garnish it with some parsley.