Adobo de Cerdo
- Servings- 6
- Prep time – 1.5 hours (not including marinating pork for 24 hours)
- 4lbs of pork
- 7 cloves of garlic (prepare the garlic by mincing)
- ¾ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- ½ cup of oil
- 2 teaspoons of achiote
- 1 cup of chili pepper
- 3 onions (prepare the onions by cutting into thick julienne)
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation and Cooking:
- Clean the pork and then cut into small, bite size pieces. Place all the pork in a bowl and season it with achiote, cumin, salt, pepper and half of the minced garlic that you have prepared.
- Add the vinegar, water, onions and chili pepper paste. Let the pork marinade in this for 24 hours
- In a pan heat up some oil and fry the remainder of the garlic that was prepared earlier.
- Add the chopped up Pork that has been marinating for the pat 24 hours.
- Add the steep liquor and onions.
- Cover the pot and all of its ingredients and simmer until all the meat is cooked and soft. You may need to add some boiling water to keep the contents juicy.
- The pork can be served with white rice and sweet potatoes.